Powered by Blogger.

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Birthday Girl

My big girl turned five.


My goodness she had a good day. She got to go on a Momma and Daddy date to see "Tangled" and then to Target to pick out a special toy.
She had a very hard time choosing but finally decided on Squinkies.


She got her very first American Girl doll from Grammy. Lanie was "Just what she always wanted!" (in her Oprah voice).
She is getting a birthday encoure at Chuck E Cheese to celebrate with the rest of the family.


Getting ready for bed the night before she was "so excited about turning five". She asked if I was gonna cry. She said, "Don't worry mom, I'll still be the same kid. I'll still talk my talk."


I remember the night the nurse brought her back to my room after she had gotten all cleaned up.
I remember how scared I was, cause this love was so big, it ran me over like a truck.


I remember thinking she was all mine.
Well, her daddy's too I guess. He had to pry her out of my arms the few times he got to hold her.


Here she is... my five year old.
My heart.




It took me awhile, but after the truck ran over me......I got up.


I learned how to live like other moms,



with my heart walking around outside my body.

0 comments:

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP